Politics in reality and game
Sadly to say, for most people politics is a minor matter they are little engaged in. Although politics influences everyone's life massively, not only by annual tax payments. No matter whether at the doctor, at university, at traffic, in the Internet or at the media: Everywhere politics inferes. Circumstands are as they are because politics shapes them by allowing, regulating and disallowing. You cannot escape the consequences of politics. But population mostly keeps out of politics, beside elections and the specific areas where they are directly affected.
Continuous commitment is rare. Some people probably don't have enough time, but many lack expertise and imagination how to improve current situation. It's especially striking that welfare recipients show lowest voter participation despite needing a change most. This abstinence is often called disenchantment with politics. What are the reasons to be chagrined by politics or politicians? Often it is said that the elite does what they want either way. That they are completely corrupt and no party is interested in or capable of real change.
This problem is especially pronounced in representative democracy where spokespersons are sent to decide in the interest of their electors - under ideal conditions. But in reality these spokespersons are not obligated to stand for their electors. Indeed they can mostly act and not act like they want. Election pledges are not binding, breaking them is no crime. And in the background many lobbyists try to influence politicians in their favor. So it's understandable that some people give up on politics.
Ars Regendi is a political game which tries to battle disenchantment with politics. It gives players control over politics in their fictional country and shows presumed consequences. The playful access is intended to encourage to also deal with real politics. Many topics from very diverse social, economical and juristic areas are addressed and different possible solutions are offered. The makers of this political game are convinced that Ars Regendi can contribute significantly to combat disenchantment with politics.
- Ars Regendi can be found in Facebook too. We'd be glad about many new fans!
- Also on Patreon! We would be really happy about your support!
- The alliance KGB supports the state Plan O with massive payments.
- The regent Planer changed the budget in Plan O.
- The regent Planer changed the budget in Plan N.
- The regent Charlie666 changed the budget in Lafrance.
- The regent Charlie666 changed the budget in Cleveland II.
- The regent Ups500 changed the budget in EnenKio .
- The regent Ups500 changed the budget in Nevada.
- The regent Ups500 changed the budget in Arizona.
- The regent fho changed the budget in Uperia.
- The regent TheApolloGod from the state Felfar is addressing the people with a stirring speech.